There are some days where I just need is something quick, and easy. And this savory hummus bagel is perfect for when I’m super busy. Whether it’s a light dinner before the evening activities, a quick lunch or a hearty snack, this is the perfect amount of food to power through the rest of you’re to-do list.
Tip: I love bagels, but I don’t want one everyday. To help keep them fresh, I cut them in half and stick them in the freezer and just pull out a half at a time when I want one. Yay, for portion control!
Serves 1 Prep Time: 5 mins
1/2 bagel (I like an everything bagel)
2 Tbs classic hummus (or hummus of your choice)
2 slices roma tomatoes
1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts (two or three pinches)
salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast the bagel half until golden brown about 2-3 minutes.
- When bagel is at the desired color remove from the toaster, onto a plate (or paper towel).
- Spread hummus onto the bagel half, evenly
- Place two tomato slices onto of the hummus
- Sprikle with salt and pepper
- Top with alfalfa sprouts