I started seeing powdered peanut butter pop up around my grocery store about a year ago. I decide to be adventurous and pick some up the last time I was there. This peanut butter has been dehydrated and most of the fat removed. This way, you can re-hydrate it with water and still enjoy peanut butter with less calories and fat. Some come sweetened, so be sure to check your labels!
Prep time: 5 Minutes Serves 1
2 Tbs unsweetened powdered peanut butter
1 Tbs real maple syrup
1 Tbsp water
salt to taste
- In a small cup, measure out powdered peanut butter, maple syrup and water.
- Mix together well, until there are no clumps. If mixture is thick add a little more water.
- Taste and add salt, then taste again
- Core and cut a apple into 8 slices
- spread peanut butter on apple slices and enjoy!