Last night I made perfectly steamed broccoli, to go on the side of crab cakes. I ended up make too much, so now I get to have broccoli for breakfast! This egg bake is easy to make, and is a great meal prep option for busy mornings.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 45 mins Serves 8
6 cups of steamed broccoli (or one small bag frozen broccoli)
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup half and half
salt and pepper
- Start by preparing broccoli. If using leftover broccoli, chop into smaller pieces, about the size of a penny. If using frozen broccoli, cook in microwave, following the instruction on the bag. Drain, then chop into bite size pieces.
- Combine broccoli and cheddar in a medium casserole dish
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over broccoli
- with a spatula or spoon, gently move broccoli around to evenly incorporate egg mixture.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- After 45 mins check to see if it’s done buy gently giggling the dish. If there is some movement, leave it in for another 10 minutes until it’s done.
- Let cool, then cut into 8 equal pieces
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce