This is a go-to method of cooking on any given night. This version uses sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and rainbow carrots. It’s also prefect for holiday dinners.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 30 minutes Serves 6
1 bundle rainbow carrots
1 bundle Brussels sprouts
1 large sweet potato
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried time)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Start by cleaning and cutting your Brussels sprouts. Wash them under cold water and drain. Trim off the ends and remove any discolored leaves. Cut in half, and set aside.
- Next, clean and chop sweet potatoes. Peel sweet potatoes, then rinse under cold water. Chop into cubes, about the same size as the the Brussels sprouts. Set aside
- Then, clean a chop carrots. Chop off the greens and rinse carrots under cold water. Peel carrots and chop into rounds about the same size as the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Set aside.
- Now, combine prepared veggies into a large bowl and drizzle in oil. You want the veggies to be nice a shiny.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Line 2 rimed sheet pans with foil and spread veggie mix onto the sheet pan. You don’t want to overcrowd the vegetables here so if your sheet pans are small, go ahead and line another one too.
- Cover veggies with foil and place in preheated oven for 20 mins
- After 20 mins remove the foil and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Check to see if they are done by piercing them with a fork. If they are still hard cook another 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve in a large casserole dish